Skincare Tips To Maintain Your Skin’s Health While Traveling
“To travel is to live.” - Hans Christian Andersen
To love the journey, to love the destination, to love the sight and places, traveling is a beautiful mode to be on. While traveling can be relaxing and refreshing for your body, mind, and soul, it can be equally stressful for your skin.
Before you travel, a million things run through your mind from packing your bags to buying other essentials beforehand. It is not surprising that skincare is put on the back burner. This is concerning because, the change in the weather, environment and travel stress can affect your skin a lot.
This is why it is important to find a way to incorporate your skincare routine while traveling. This will ensure your skin's health while you're in the air, on the road, or just on a small trip.
But you don't have to worry because your travel skincare routine doesn't have to be elaborate, complicated, and overwhelming. Prior planning can help you in the long run.
Traveling, Weather and Skin
When you are traveling, you may not be able to follow your skincare routine, and you are exposed to different weather and environmental conditions. Traveling means, most of your time will be spent outside, thus exposing you to pollution and other stressors.
Check the weather of your destination. If it is a warm place, it will be humid which can trigger excess sebum production in your skin, which will make your skin acne-prone. If it is a cold place, the air will be dry, and your skin will dry out easily.
When you travel, you often forget to drink enough water and you tend to eat a variety of foods (including junk food). All these contribute to more skin issues.
What products should you take with you?
When you are traveling, space is always a concern. If you are someone who likes to pack the whole big bottles of the products, you might want to reconsider. Create a travel kit, which will have the right amount of products that you need while you are away from your cosmetic shelf.
Also, you don't want to overwhelm yourself with all the products from your cabinet. Consider only those products that your skin cannot stay healthy without. Plan accordingly, as you might not have the room to accommodate everything you want.
Skincare tips while traveling
- Consistency is the key! If you have a skincare routine that you follow religiously, do not tamper with the routine. If your routine has multiple steps, then try to find travel-size versions of the products
- If you don't have enough room and can bring about only a few things, focus on the essentials
- Carry facial wipes and use them whenever you can. Do not rely on hotel soaps for face cleansing
- Always carry a moisturizer that suits your skin type and sunscreen. Wear SPF even when you're on the plane
- Drink plenty of water as plane journeys can be quite dehydrating
- Carry face sheets to make up for the missed hydration and facial serums
- Do not surprise your skin by buying new products just for the journey. Trying out new products and travel stress can contribute to acne flare-ups
- Carry facial mists or toner to keep feeling refreshed all day long when you are outside
Important note: Since masks are mandatory, wearing masks for a prolonged time can cause acne flareup and other skin conditions. To avoid them, taking utmost care of the skin is necessary. Hydrating serums and treatment products are a must while you are away from your home.